We Value…acting in the best interest of our residents’ health and well-being
Date: December 29, 2017
Job Title: Advanced Practice Clinician, Hip and Knee
Reports To: Manager of Patient Services
Anticipated Time Commitment and Term: Full and Part time positions available
Rate of Pay: Being Negotiated
Primary Location: Covering one of the local Sub Regions (Cambridge, Guelph or Kitchener/Waterloo). Provides relief at other WWLHIN locations as required.
This position will support the timely assessment and treatment of patients with moderate to severe hip and knee osteoarthritis in Rapid Access Clinics and may expand to include other conditions. The Advanced Practice Clinician will assess patients and determine the appropriate treatment plan, including referral to an orthopedic surgeon, or nonsurgical management.
- Assess patient’s level of functioning and pain, range of motion, strength and gait.
- Complete a medical history including relevant co-morbid conditions
- Interpret radiological imaging
- Review physical assessment, history and radiological findings and inform the patient of the results and their options
- Communicate a diagnosis to the patient as applicable
- Determine a patient centered intervention plan
- Order x-rays if needed with the support of medical directives
- Refer patients to conservative management
- Document assessment summary for patients referred to an orthopedic surgeon or other specialist for consultation
- Educate patients about self-management of hip and knee osteoarthritis
- Respond to any patient/nurse/physician inquiries
- Liaise with referring physicians to clarify queries and provide feedback on the patient course of treatment
- Participate in program development and quality improvement initiatives to improve patient care
- Perform other duties as assigned
- In depth and up-to-date knowledge of orthopedic assessment and treatment and outcome measures.
- A minimum of five years of orthopaedic experience required.
- Successful completion of one of 3 IFOMPT accredited programs:
- Master’s degree in Orthopedic Musculoskeletal Manipulative Physiotherapy,
- Master’s of Clinical Science in Manipulative Physical Therapy program, or
- Diploma of Advanced Manual and Manipulative Therapy (Orthopedic Division of Canadian Physiotherapy Association)
- Knowledge of local rehabilitative care services and other community resources.
- Membership in good standing, with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Current CPR certification.
- Proven skills in the areas of assessment, communication, interviewing, problem solving, interpersonal and leadership.
- The ability to work independently in a highly organized manner is required.
- This position also requires proficiency in the use of a personal computer in a windows networked environment, using MS Office, Outlook, and database software.
- The ability to travel throughout Waterloo Region and Wellington County is required.
- Fluency in French language preferred.
This position may be required to provide relief at other LHIN locations or teams as needed and may be part of the on call rotation as per the provisions of the ONA collective agreement.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at HR.WW@lhins.on.ca for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #17-0-79 before 4:30 p.m. on January 29, 2018 to Human Resources (e-mail: HR.WW@lhins.on.ca). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_AdministrativeAssistant.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.