We value.....acting in the best interest of our residents’ health and well-being
Date: February, 2018
Job Title: Manager, Compliance
Reports to: Director, Privacy, Records and Risk
The Manager, Compliance will support the LHIN’s Privacy and Access, Risk and Information Management programs, in accordance with organizational responsibilities under provincial and federal privacy legislation (FIPPA, PHIPA, PIPEDA, etc.).
This role serves as subject matter expert for the organization broadly, in the areas above and related legislative considerations. The provision of efficient and effective training and awareness, and the development of relevant guidelines, procedures, and online resources will be a significant part of the work required.
Major Duties and Accountabilities
Organizational and Health Information Management
Plans, directs and organizes the Organizational & Health records management portfolio
Ensures appropriate documentation standards, policies are in place.
Provides training and education to staff on Organizational & Health Information management and privacy issues which include policies, procedures, processes and standards.
Develops, rolls out and maintains the organizational records and information management framework
Ensures requests for patient information are processed within the required timelines
Ensures the proper storage, retention, and destruction of Organizational & Health Information in accordance with legal requirements and appropriate legislation.
Liaison with appropriate departments regarding data quality results from quantitative and qualitative analysis of Organizational & Health records to support quality improvement
Provides expertise with coordinating the implementation of records management projects
Develops solutions for records management issues
Maintains an effective customer focused organization by collaborating with others to develop practices to solve issues with repetitive/similar data correction requests
Assists all levels of management with expertise on Records management advice and guidance when dealing with day-to-day authorizations
Responsible for releasing accurate patient information to authorized recipients while ensuring security of Patient Personal Health Information at all times.
Represents the organization on external committees on records management issues
Privacy and Access
Serves as a resource to the organization in privacy matters, participates on internal and external project teams involving privacy of information to support compliance with FIPPA
Conducts (as appropriate) Privacy Impact Assessments, Threat Risk Assessments and business agreements to ensure that all privacy concerns, requirements and responsibilities are addressed
Coordinates all activities related to Waterloo Wellington LHIN FIPPA Requests and manages access to information process
Works with internal and external partners on the development of tools to support the privacy and security of Organizational & Business information.
Supports the Director, Privacy & Access in ensuring organizational compliance with relevant privacy legislation
Assists in the implementation and monitoring of a comprehensive and legally compliant privacy and access program, promoting privacy practices and standards and providing formal and informal analyses and guidance with a focus on continuous quality improvement
Effectively communicates complex requirements to a variety of stakeholders and ensures that risks are appropriately mitigated or assumed; confidently provides guidance based on law, best practice and expanding working knowledge of business requirements
Interprets laws, regulations, policies, standards, and orders to determine the organization's access and privacy rights and obligation to create briefing materials and recommendations for reports to management
Identifies, develops, recommends and/or implements business processes that maintain or improve organizational privacy compliance, while meeting functional requirements and maintaining business continuity
Conducts privacy audits and breach investigations in compliance with the WWLHIN’s requirements under PHIPA.
Other duties as assigned
- Supports the Director, as required;
- Maintains the corporate policy program, acting as subject matter expert for all WWLHIN staff regarding corporate policies.
- Manages the corporate risk registry to ensure risks are appropriately captured and monitored.
- Assists in preparation of files for events including, but not limited to, inquests, litigation events, consent and capacity boards.
- Leads the corporate obligations program, ensuring all WWLHIN legal and contractual obligations are met.
- Education and experience typically includes a university degree / college diploma with specialization in health and/or business and 3 – 5 years of professional experience (or equivalent)
- Professional certification in Records Management and Access and Privacy preferred
- Possess strong project management skills
- Knowledge of the Ontario health sector - roles, responsibilities and accountabilities
- Extensive knowledge of administrative documentation and records processes and standards
- In-depth understanding of data sharing, privacy legislation, laws and practices
- Understanding of the Ministry mandated services through the LHIN
- Ability to review and interpret multiple pieces of legislation affecting LHIN`s i.e. Public Hospital Act, FIPPA, PHIPA
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of information management principles, practices and techniques
- Strong aptitude for analysis and interpretation of complex data and presentation skills
- Understands strategic planning processes to enhance participation in Corporate Services planning
- Demonstrated business, partnership and stakeholder relationship facilitation and management skills to build and maintain effective relationships with working groups and organizational teams.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #18/A/07 before 11:59 p.m. on February 21, 2017
to Human Resources (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.